Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fall in New England

While fall is beautiful everywhere, I recently decided that New England is my favorite place to spend fall. The Mainers celebrate fall by having a Maine-style fair. What's different from the normal fair? Well, some things are quite similar... You'll see the strength test and funnel cake (which yankees call 'fried dough'). But, everything at the fair is organically grown, and the food options are much more bohemian than at your typical fair. I saw pie cones, Bog Jooce (made with cranberries), tea pops, and many other delicious treats. The vegetable contest was my favorite event of the day. Here are some gourgeous organic gourds:


And this was the winner in the 'vegetable oddity' category:



To make fall even more special, I recently spotted these wild turkeys at work:



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Lucky!