Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Biscuity Goodness

Wrapping up Biscuit Month, I have just a few more crumbs to share. I've shamefully neglected my British biscuit devotees - a serious offense when one realizes that their biscuits are what we call cookies. Even more so that while the Brits are famous for their cuppa tea, you'll find the loyal biscuit by it's side. Proof of this lies with the Biscuit Appreciation Society. Oh, if only I could join; I admire their brilliant cause. And I want to get my mitts on their biscuits.

I don't know if they make biscuits, but The Biscuit Factory is self described as "Britain's biggest original art store". So that sounds all right too. They probably serve biscuits in the restaurant. If not, they could turn to United Biscuits, makers of the famous McVitie's. Homemade biscuits are never a bad idea, either. The Royal Naval Museum shares a traditional recipe for "Ship's Biscuits" for the history buffs. No worries for the scientists, there are enough biscuits to go around for you as well. Bookish types should probably check out the Biscuit Press or Biscuits O'Bryan, the cowboy poet.

For some Aussie flavor, you can see what happens when biscuits go wrong. Mango biscuits? No thank you. But perhaps you'd like to try the ANZAC biscuits?

If you've stuck around to the end of this post wherein I've dropped all of my biscuit trivia on you, then I'm guessing you've exhausted all other Internet time-wasting options for the day. I hope for your sake it's time to go home. Clearly biscuits are premium with other people besides me, and these hopeless cases of biscuit lovers might tempt me to do some more research.

No comments: