Thursday, September 07, 2006

Somebody’s Fool

When it comes to making sure the children stay in school and don’t do drugs, Mr. T is no fool. As far as celebrity causes go, Mr. T is so heartfelt and genuine that you don’t want to let him down. In the words of Mr. T, “You don’t have to be famous to get respect. You just have to be somebody”.

As soon as I saw that the Sentient Bean* was offering a viewing of Mr. T’s Be Somebody, or Be Somebody’s Fool, I knew I couldn’t miss it. Oh, yes. This was a delight beyond what I was expecting. If I told you Mr. T wore short shorts and Punky Brewster socks, you would watch for that alone, right? Plus, you get some embarrassingly awkward break dancing, raps about treating your mother right, and exercising with a bag of popcorn. Let’s not forget the fascinating presence of a pre-Black Eyed Peas Fergie and a pre-train wreck Bobby Brown. Also, music by Ice T!

Don’t find yourself in an “Absoludicrous” situation. You can “Recoup” by watching it on Google Video. Gather the kids around and get a glass of milk, because you don’t even need a cocktail for this to make you high.

* The Sentient Bean is the Savannah version of the Black White and Red Theater for all you Gilmore Girls fans.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I totally love this! Especially the part where Mr. T recovers from forgetting to wear pants by taking off his shirt. I'll have to try that at work sometime.

Anonymous said...

Brava! I've been doing potato chip squats ever since I saw this. I think we should start a drinking game in which you watch the film and take a drink every time Mr. T pats a child's head. Absoludicrous!