Thursday, October 05, 2006

Food is Good

Lately I’ve taken to emailing my sister URGENT UPDATES about food I’ve just eaten. Typical big sister routine, trying to create an indignant fluster of frustration in the little sister. I like it when I find new ways to carry on the picking-on tradition. Ways that compensate for the fact that she lives in Maine and I live in Georgia and there’s no way I can rearrange all her furniture while she’s at work then just sit there all, “What? Is something the matter?”

Today it was, “I just ate an entire slab of Wensleydale cheese. It was so close to the end that wrapping up 3 bites seemed pointless. Besides, I had to accomplish something today or else I’d feel like a failure.” Yesterday it was the peanut butter and celery sandwich I had for lunch. Yep, you read that right – peanut butter and celery sandwich. Crunchy and delicious, without the sugar crash of jelly. (Now you want to try it too, eh?) Then there was that brutal week of daily tofu dog with black bean chili lunches. Sacrifices were made, all to keep the younger sister entertained. It’s important to keep the irritation techniques fresh, for both our sakes.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I really thought we were through with the tofu dogs... But, somehow, you have tricked me into thinking about them again. Gross!

Natasha said...

Also, next time I visit, expect an old school style retaliation. I might just have to rearrange your books.