Monday, September 18, 2006

Noodle Salad, Britcoms, Pirates

1. I’m the type of person who will pick up notes found lying on the ground. Or from a garbage can, if it’s on the top and doesn’t have greasy food stuck to it. It can’t be helped – the discarded words need to be read one last time, by an impartial scholar, to verify that yes, it really should be in the rubbish bin. My latest discovery was a typed note found in a parking lot. The content of the note: “Best wishes for a happy life together! Love, Tom, Sue, Lindsey, and Amy Smith”. Okay, nothing interesting there. But then it goes on to say, “P.S. Good times Noodle Salad”.

That whole last sentence is so mysterious – is “Noodle Salad” someone’s nickname since it is capitalized? Or did they send the newlyweds a dish to serve noodle salad in, while having some good times eating it? I like it; what could have been generic has lasted 3 days on my desk, and it’s still funny.

2. If you have devoured both seasons of The Office (British version), then you probably need a new Britcom. The best way to cope with the longing for some fresh humour is Little Britain. Owen and I are rationing this one, it is that good. Lots of new catchphrases – I dare anyone to not walk around going “Eeerrrhhh, Eeewwrrhhh, EEEEEWAAHHRRAHH!” spontaneously, robustly, and frequently after watching. Also, it’s terribly hard to resist responding to my co-workers with, “Computer says no-oh”. But that’s what Lady Buttercup is for. Now go throw an entire loaf of bread at some ducks.

3. Owen and I went to a concert in Forsyth Park Saturday night. It was Sister Hazel. Just goes to show that if it’s free and you can take your dog to it, the whole matter of taste and standards matters a wee bit less.

4. Ahoy, Mateys! September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Get the most out of it and enjoy annoying your loved ones – I know I will. Arrggh!

5. Oh, and War Eagle – you know!

No comments: