Monday, August 14, 2006

ATL Gate D21

Once again, The Frisky Biscuit presents that inappropriate topic – the public washroom. Specifically: the Atlanta airport, Gate D21, ladies room. It was while washing my hands there that I suddenly heard someone singing “Row Your Boat”. Like any sensible person, I looked around for the source of the disturbance so I could throw her a weird look. But everyone’s behavior seemed normal, and the song soon ended.

It didn’t take long, and another voice began singing “Row Your Boat”. How nutty! Who is that? I thought to myself. And then, in rounds, another voice piped in. A male voice. Now I was mildly outraged – who the hell let a man in here, and why is he singing?!

After a few more suspicious glances, confirming that no one was singing, or had a ventriloquist’s dummy, or was a man, I realized what was going on. It was actually an audio recording coming from overhead speakers. Mystery solved. I’m guessing it was a tool to promote thorough hand washing, but I’m not ruling out Candid Camera style prank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've observed some strange toilet behavior at work recently. Someone has left small squares of paper containing quotes in the stalls in the Ladies'. Different quotes in different stalls every day for about a week. Here's todays treat, for example, 'A fellow's character is often reflected by his manner of eating jelly beans' (Ronald Reagan). I appreciate any random acts of weirdness, but frequently question the choice of quote. Who wants to think about jelly beans (or Ronald Reagan) on the crapper?