Thursday, June 08, 2006

How to have a fun, sexy time*

I like to test the waters when I’m on a date. To have a Frisky time, there needs to be an icebreaker so you both can relax and any stiff interview vibes can dissipate. Or, you can disqualify one more person in the world from the candidate pool. After 17 years of dating, what the hell, right? It’s not like I’ll permanently spoil anything. Might as well be myself and have an authentic interaction.
So anyway, I might blurt out something like this: "These mashed potatoes are so good, I want to make out with them!"**
Let’s figure out which is the reaction I’d appreciate from my date:
a.) Laugh genuinely, take a gulp of beer, then throw me some twinkly eye contact
b.) Say, "Yeah, girl, I’ll watch that"
c.) Grimace uncomfortably and start looking around the room for an exit strategy
d.) In a British accent say, "I want to make out with you my darling". If you’re not British, fake it.
Now lads - you’ve just got to be ready for these things. A sense of humor is my favorite quality in a person. I need to know that you’re laid back enough - that you’re man enough - to not feel threatened. If you can’t get on board with the silliness, lets not waste each other’s time.
The results are:
a.) This is fine, because it shows an appreciation of my sense of humor.
b.) This one is a perv.
c.) Takes things too literally. My adorableness has been wasted on you.
d.) The best response, because it proves you can throw it right back. Or it means you are British, in which case I probably already love you.
*blatant Arrested Development reference
**(or some other spontaneous comment)

No comments: