Monday, February 05, 2007

Craft Club


Much like her brother, Amy Sedaris is delightful. Please buy her book if you haven’t already, because is it funny and entertaining and there are recipes and helpful tips. Some of my favorite parts: her list of foods to eat when you’ve got the munchies, the framed owl jewelry, the extra-large print on the “Entertaining the Elderly” section, the carrot coins and the cakes, the old-school crafts. I love it so much that I was inspired to have a craft night of my own. What could be better than lasagna and brownies and drinking with your girlfriends, all while cutting out shapes from felt and hot gluing them to canvas bags? Check out our results. It's okay to be a wee bit jealous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am officially jealous. I want to make that balloon-toting squirrel into a giant pie, which I will eat of with my townspeople.

Anonymous said...

HOLD ON JUST A DAMN MINUTE. Is that card catalog in your HOUSE?!

Ramona said...

Why yes, that is a card catalog. Since you don't live in Savannah and can't come over to open all the drawers, I'll tell you what's inside: videotapes, ribbons, craft supplies, maps, take-out menus, extra candles, cds, extension cables, acorns, and tiny stuffed animals that people have given me.