Monday, July 10, 2006

Lots of fun, but no time to write

Catching up on events from the past week:

Where I Proved Myself to be Jumpier than an 80 Year Old
On July 4th, I was injured during a fireworks incident. Okay, so that sounds worse than it is, but better than calling it the rosebush incident. During a home fireworks display that suddenly got bigger than I expected, I leaned too far back in my chair. If not for Victoria using her superhero strength to catch me, I would have cracked my head on the wall of her building. Instead, I scraped my nose on a rosebush. Her grandmother, on the other hand, just stayed calm while some of us (ahem) are screaming and flailing about.

When Coworkers Discovered Why I’m Smiling So Much Lately
My 33rd birthday was last week, and the day started with the phone calls I was expecting:
6:30 AM - received birthday call from my parents
6:54 AM - received birthday call from my sister
And wait, what’s this? A 7:15 AM call from Owen, wishing me a happy birthday. Hello, boyfriend! Later that day, I received a double flower delivery. My work colleagues have seen me get flowers before, but only from my parents. They were nearly as excited as I was to finally be getting flowers at work from a sweetheart.

How I Broke Up With Chocolate Martinis
Tasty, yes. But also deadly. This year, I thought I could pull off a fling with chocolate martinis while beer had his back turned. It so backfired - the day after I took the chocolate martinis for a night on the town, the thought of booze or chocolate was repulsive. Best to avoid something that makes me not want chocolate. Besides, beer loves me and never lets me down.

Getting the Upgrade
Recently I had to retire my trusty flask. And by retire, I mean chuck it out. Apparently, if you don’t finish the contents of your flask, you have to empty it or it will rust. But this just meant that I was able to get a lovelier flask from Victoria and Nicole, one that is lighter and has an attached cap. So next time I’m at a concert or the beach, losing the cap won’t even be an issue.

Oh, and while I dislike sharing my birthday with Sylvester Stallone, Nancy Reagan, 50 Cent, and the current president, it is also the same day for the Dalai Lama. Which I think puts my birthday universe quite in balance, eh?

Lady Buttercup Decides to Redecorate
Okay, I get it. You hate the vertical blinds. But seriously, tearing them down on a Greenie induced rampage doesn’t help matters.

No comments: